Upper Valley Community Church
June 25, 2017
- Campus News
- We love guests!
Thank you for joining us today. Every person at UVCC was a guest at one time and we know coming to a new church can be intimidating. You are our guest and we want you to feel at home!
- Help yourself to coffee or tea from the coffee bar and feel free to bring it with you to your seat.
- As we sing, feel free to stand, sit, sing along or simply listen.
- Please fill out the Welcome Card as you register and drop it by one of our Welcome Counters after the service. We would love to say hello and offer you a gift and cookies.
- We receive an offering but we do not pass offering plates at UVCC. Joy Boxes are located in the back of the worship center and at the ministry counters. If you would prefer to give online you may visit the Giving Kiosks located in our atriums. Please do not feel pressured to give – simply enjoy the service.
Questions? Contact Pastor Mark (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- No Average Joe: 4-week Sermon Series
God is calling us to be more than just average Joe’s and in this 4-week sermon series we’ll examine how God changes people into extraordinary Joe’s that God can use in mighty ways in our world and in people’s lives. The sermons in this series will come from the life of Joseph found in the book of Genesis.
Today Win with Others
July 2 Win Big
- Honduras Project Update
28 people are leaving next Sunday for Honduras.
We are in need of luggage and funds to help cover the cost of transporting 500 children’s bibles, 350 soccer balls, 350 puppets, 75 wooden cars, medical supplies, VBA supplies and other miscellaneous items. It will cost us nearly $2000.00 in baggage fees but this is the most economical way we have found to date to transport the items we use. We need large, light weight luggage with wheels and handles to leave in Honduras.
Once there, the team will start building churches in Miramar and La Confianza, plus build a home/mission base for Pastor Henry and his family to serve out of the Saba church. We’d like to have a prayer team praying that they will have a tremendous impact on the country of Honduras and the people they come in contact with. If you’d like to join this team please write “Honduras Prayer Team” in the comment section as you register along with your email address. Pastor Stephen Smitley will contact you with specific ways you can pray for the team as well as any needs that may arise along the way.
- Thank you
Matt & Mandy Arthur (Katlyn & Alyssa) and their extended family would like to say thank you to the church for the compassion and support shown to them during their time of grieving in the loss of Cindy Arthur.
- Let’s turn the church into Maker Fun Factory!
Join the VBA decorating team on Wednesday, July 5 at 10:00 am to turn UVCC into Maker Fun Factory! They can use all hands of all sizes to begin to transform this place and create some of the interactive pieces that will be used for decorations. Pizza will be provided for lunch. Sign up as you register or contact Andrea Ross (937-726-2389) or April Ahrns (937-541-3526) for more information.
- Next Steps
- Help UVCC Launch its New Campground Worship Venue
In July we’re going to open a new worship venue at the Back40 Campground in the Bellefontaine area (backfortycampground.com). This venue will have worship music, a live venue director and the same messages via video we experience at the Piqua campus.
A team will go help prepare for the launch of the new venue on Saturday, July 8. Work will start at 9:00 am and continue throughout the day and evening – come for all or part of the day. We will eat lunch and dinner together and get to know some of the campground residents. Tasks include installing the sound, lighting and audio equipment, and some light construction as well as some possible cleaning and decorating. If you’d like to help reach people in a new community email Pastor Andy at email@example.com.
- Test Drive Summer Event
Test drive serving in KidMin this summer to help give a break to our year-round group leaders for the months of June, July, and August. Email Pastor Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org to invest in the lives of kids and encourage our ministry partners.
- Kids’ Life Groups
Kid’s Life Groups are the most important part of KidMin because it’s where kids process life in community! August 20 launches our Kids’ Life Groups on Sundays at 9:15 and 11:00AM. We are growing our team and have opportunities at both service times with all ages. The more leaders we have, the smaller our groups can be, and the more kids are heard. Join this crucial part of KidMin! Contact email@example.com for more information.
- For Your Family
- Sunday Funday: July 23
Join us for the conclusion of the three week series, Made For This! Kids, age 3 to grade 5, are invited to worship with their families as we conclude this series for all ages. The VBA Dance Crew, Gadgeteers, Steampunk Steve, Ian Ventor and friends will be there too! Then stay for our 1st annual Sunday Funday! A festival for all ages starting at 12:45 pm. We’ll have a live DJ, Food Truck from Susie’s Big Dipper, lawn games, inflatables, picnic tables, and more. This is a FREE event for our church family and community!! (There will be no teen services on Sunday Funday as we encourage all families to worship together. However, nursery will be available for children from birth – age 2).
- Children’s Summer Camps: (Grades 1-6)
Registration is open for kids’ summer camps! Register and pay at www.uvcc.org/kidscamp. Camp is held at Lighthouse Camp and Retreat Center in St. Mary’s, Ohio. The theme is “Walk this Way” from Proverbs 4:12-13.
1st & 2nd Grade(completed)-July 26-28; $90 until 7/16
3rd & 4th Grade(completed)-July 23-26; $125 until 7/16
5th & 6th Grade(completed)-July 30-Aug. 2; $135 until 7/16
Those interested in being camp counselors for any of the camps can also apply online at www.uvcc.org/kidscamp, preferably by July 1.
- Promote VBA at Your House or Business!
Do you want to be a VBA Ambassador in your community?! Stop by the VBA display in the West atrium and pick up a yard sign or grab a stack of VBA flyers and promote VBA at your local garage sale or pass them out to your children’s sports team. Help us reach all corners of Miami County!
- Vacation Bible Adventure: July 16-20, 2017
- Sign up today to help at the Maker Fun Factory Vacation Bible Adventure, July 16-20 from 6:00 – 8:30 pm.
We still need you! To become part of the VBA team fill out a form at one of the VBA tables or go to www.uvcc.org/vba to sign up online.
- Pre-register your children: Forms are available at the VBA tables or online @ uvcc.org/vba. For children ages 3 to Grade 5.
- Supplies Needed: The VBA decorating team is in need of any size boxes (still put together), 5 gallon buckets, rolls of tablecloths (in primary colors), box fans that will be painted and paint in any colors (that you may have left over from your own projects). Please drop any items off in the children’s atrium that you may have!
- T-shirts: T-shirts are available!!! Only $5 ($7 for sizes XXL)!
- Youth C4 Camp: July 13-16. (Grades 6-12)
You don’t want to miss C4 Camp this year! C4 is for youth who have graduated grades 6-12. What happens at C4 Camp? Lives are changed by God! Experience high-energy youth worship, hear life-changing messages, get BLOBBED, swim in the lake, kayak, get dirty in our annual mud games, climb a rock wall, zip-line, conquer the high-ropes course and much more! Check out www.uvcc.org/c4 for more info. Forms & payment can be submitted at the teen check-in counter at UVCC.
- Final Deadline: $190 & forms due today.
- Youth Worship & LifeGroups: Sundays @ 11am in the East Venue
IGNITE (7th-12th Grade) – East Venue
Meet new friends; enjoy free snacks, praise & worship, relevant messages, and small group interaction. Join other teens and adult youth leaders as we all seek, discover and grow in our relationship with Jesus Christ alongside you.
CLUB 56 (5th-6th Grade) – Room #105
A youth group designed for preteens. Club 56 helps prepare preteens for a teenage life of confidence & commitment to following Jesus!