Upper Valley Community Church
August 13, 2017
- We love guests!
Thank you for joining us today. Every person at UVCC was a guest at one time and we know coming to a new church can be intimidating. You are our guest and we want you to feel at home!
- Help yourself to coffee or tea from the coffee bar and feel free to bring it with you to your seat.
- As we sing, feel free to stand, sit, sing along or simply listen.
- Please fill out the Welcome Card as you register and drop it by one of our Welcome Counters after the service. We would love to say hello and offer you a gift and cookies.
- We receive an offering but we do not pass offering plates at UVCC. Joy Boxes are located in the back of the worship center and at the ministry counters. If you would prefer to give online you may visit the Giving Kiosks located in our atriums. Please do not feel pressured to give – simply enjoy the service.
- Playlist: a 4-week Sermon Series
Your life has a soundtrack. Every peak, every low note, and every rhythm make up a part of who you are. Don’t just shuffle through your days—create a Playlist worth listening to.
This message series takes popular songs, uncovers what people are struggling with in today’s world and uses Biblical truth to point them to God’s answers in that area of life. This series will help you create your NEW playlist…and really begin living.
- Today Scars to Your Beautiful
- August 20 Let It Go
- Your Giving is Changing Lives!
Thank you for giving so generously to the work God is doing through UVCC in this area and around the world! We are seeing lives being changed in Christ and your faithfulness is helping make that happen. If you want to join in helping change lives and experience God’s blessing here’s how:
You can give online at uvcc.org by clicking on the “Give” tab, download the EasyTithe app onto your device, use the giving kiosks located in the atriums, or set up a payment with your own bank’s online system using the “Bill Pay” option. Offering envelopes for a whole year are also available and are located by the Joy Boxes located at the Ministry Counters. Need more information? Pick up an information sheet by the Joy Box in the atriums or visit uvcc.org/give.
- Baptisms – December 10
The next baptism service has been scheduled for December 10, 2017.
If you would like to be baptized, please write “baptism” in the comment section of the registration pad or sign up at www.uvcc.org by clicking on the baptism image. We ask that those being baptized complete the eight-week Bible Study in preparation for that day. Questions? Contact Pastor Steve or Pastor Mark at 937-778-8822.
- Upcoming Events this Fall
- Life Groups launch the week of September 25
- Adventureland Wednesdays (Grades K-5) resume Sept 27
- 68 Gathering (Grades 6-8) resumes September 27
- Ladies Bible Study resumes September 28
- Top Serving Needs @ UVCC
- Parking lot greeters – one service per month
- iCampus / FB host – facilitate chats with online attenders
- Sound Technician
- Lighting & ProPresenter Operator
- Club 56 (5th-6th grade) adult leaders (2x month – 2nd service)
- Ignite (7th-12th grade) adult leaders (weekly – 2nd service)
- Nursery (16mo-3yr olds) – 2 ppl needed; 2nd service (1x/mo)
- KidLife Leader Needs:
- First Service
- K/1-2x month (need 2 people)
- 2/3-1x month (1 person)
- 4/5-1x month (1 person)
- Second Service
- 2/3 boys-2x month (1 person)
- 1st grade-4th Sunday/month (1 person)
If interested, please write the area of interest next to your name in the Registration Pad, talk with someone at the Welcome Center after the service or contact Pastor Mark (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Breaking Free: A Group for Men Who Want Sexual Purity
The group meets Tuesdays from 6:30-7:45pm in West Prayer Room. For more info, contact Michael at 937-570-2059 or email@example.com.
For Your Family
At UVCC we partner with parents to raise the next generation of fully devoted followers of Jesus.
- Promotion Sunday is Sunday, August 20
Beginning Sunday, August 20…
- Children starting kindergarten this fall will attend Adventureland, which meets in the children’s worship center.
- Children going into 5th grade can either attend Club 56 (a transitional youth service at 11:00am for 5th-6th graders preparing for teenage years) or they can continue to attend Adventureland.
- Today is the last day for youth going into the 6th grade to attend Adventureland. Because Adventureland is designed for children up to 5th grade, those who are now entering the 6th grade can begin to attend Club 56 during the second service (11:00 am). They may also start attending The 68 Gathering, a Wednesday night 6th-8th grade youth program, starting Sept. 27.
- LifeGroups Launching
A LifeGroup is a place where 8-12 people from all different backgrounds connect once a week to share, grow, and laugh together as they apply the Bible to their lives. Groups run for two seasons- September-Thanksgiving and January-April.
Each season begins with a 5-week launch study on a hot topic and then switches to discussion based on the Sunday messages.
Kick-off is the week of September 25. Sign-ups start August 20th.
Options- Monday or Wednesday night 6:30-7:45 pm or Sat. 9:30 am
(Birth-8th grade programming available on Wednesday night)
- Kids’ LifeGroups
Kid’s LifeGroups are the most important part of KidMin because it’s where kids process life in community! Soon we will launch our Kids’ Life Groups on Sundays at 9:15 & 11:00am. We are growing our team and have opportunities at both service times with all ages. The more leaders we have, the smaller our groups can be, and the more kids are heard. Join this crucial ministry! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
- High School “Crowded House”: Saturday, September 2
High Schoolers (9th-12th grade), join us for our very first “Crowded House” at Rockelle Anderson’s Home (4190 Hardin-Wapak Rd. in Sidney) September 2 from 6-9pm. Hang-out, have fun, and eat a meal together. Guys bring a salty snack. Girls bring a sweet snack. This new ministry will be a great way to reach teens in our community— so bring a friend!
- 68 Gathering Resumes Wednesday, September 27
This is the place for 6th-8th graders to hang out, play, belong, make new friends and decide for one’s self to follow Christ. Students enjoy high-energy games, activities, and short devotions. Doors open at 6pm.
- Sonfest – Outdoor Christian Music Festival – Sept. 23
This is a High School only (Grades 9-12) all-day outdoor Christian music festival at MVNU! There will also be inflatable games, festival food, sand volleyball, giveaways, and more. This year’s lineup includes Plumb, Jonny Diaz, the JJ Weeks Band, Anthem Lights, Sarah Reeves, and Bonray! $20 & waiver forms are due by Sept. 17. You may sign up at the teen check-in counter, submit form and pay there or online at uvcc.org/event-registration. We will meet at UVCC at 9am Saturday, Sept. 23 and return by midnight. Bring additional money for 2 meals.
- Save the Date: Fall Retreat (6th-12th Grade) $90 Nov. 3-5
- Ladies Bible Study begins September 28
Ladies Bible Study begins Thursday, September 28 from 9–11:00 am, or Mondays 6:30-8 pm. Gather with other Ladies to work through a workbook and study the Bible together.