Upper Valley Community Church
December 10, 2017
- We love guests!
Thank you for joining us today. Every person at UVCC was a guest at one time and we know coming to a new church can be intimidating. You are our guest and we want you to feel at home!
- Help yourself to coffee or tea from the coffee bar and feel free to bring it with you to your seat.
- As we sing, feel free to stand, sit, sing along or simply listen.
- Please fill out the Welcome Card as you register and drop it by one of our Welcome Counters after the service. We would love to say hello and offer you a gift and cookies.
- We receive an offering but we do not pass offering plates at UVCC. Joy Boxes are located in the back of the worship center and at the ministry counters. If you would prefer to give online you may visit the Giving Kiosks located in our atriums. As our guest, please do not feel pressured – simply enjoy the service.
Questions? Contact Pastor Mark (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- On the Move
Many of you have prayed for and committed to be a part of On the Move. Thank you for your sacrifice and obedience to God! We know others of you are still praying about your part in this effort. As you finish your prayer time about a sacrificial gift, you can drop the envelope in the Joy Box or put the gift in an On the Move postage paid envelope along with your three year commitment and mail that to us. God is truly On the Move at UVCC!
- Christmas Services
This year we will have four Christmas Services on December 24 @ 9:15 & 11:00 am and 4:15 & 5:30 pm. All services will feature Christmas carols, candle lighting, and an inspirational Christmas message. All four services will be identical. We invite families to choose one of them to enjoy more time with their families.
These are family events and the nursery and preschool children’s programs will be available for the morning services.
Note: The West Venue will be available for all service times and the East Venue will offer two service times @ 9:15 am & 4:15 pm.
- Your Safety is a Priority at UVCC
Every Sunday, our security team is strategically positioned throughout the building to ensure your safety. They are trained and ready to protect all children, teens, and adults in the facility. Should you notice anything suspicious, please notify one of the individuals in the atrium by the iCampus near the children’s area or in the connector by the restrooms near the West Venue. These individuals are wearing a red security nametag.
- Celebrating the Wins!
UVCC’ services are now broadcast on WTLW (Ch. 44) out of Lima at 6:00 am with viewing areas reaching as far as Sidney, Fort Loramie, Anna, and Minster.
- On The Move Weekly Prayer
As you finish up praying for the On the Move initiative, please offer your thanksgiving to God for His unfailing faithfulness & provision.
- Want to help someone in need this Christmas?
Around Christmas time many ask for suggestions about helping those in need through UVCC. This year we have two options:
- Bethany Center – On December 24 we will receive a special offering in each service to help purchase a new commercial electric oven that will allow the Bethany Center to better serve the Piqua area as they cook lunches and dinners for those who need them weekly. One hundred percent of this special offering received in those services will go to the Bethany Center.
- Blessing Families – If you would like to make a gift to help a family in need, either at UVCC or through Piqua Compassion Network, mark your gift “family in need”. (If you would like direct your gift to a specific family please indicate that with your gift. (note: specified gifts are not tax-deductible.)
- Redeemed – Ladies Bible Study begins January 25!
The moment you accept Jesus as the Lord over your life, you are redeemed. As the redeemed, we experience a lifelong journey of being transformed into HIs image. As redeemed women, we grow in the grace of Christ, and He calls us to extend grace to others.
In this 7-session Bible study, leader Angela Thomas-Pharr explores the practical side of redemption, inviting us to lean upon Jesus for our real help and hope.
There are two study times to choose from:
Thursdays from 9:00-11:00 a.m. (childcare provided) – Begins January 25
Mondays from 6:30-8:00 p.m. (no childcare) – Begins January 29
Register online at uvcc.org by clicking click on the “Ladies Bible Study logo”, or by signing up at the Ladies Bible study table in January.
Participant workbooks will be available in the atrium in January for $13.
- 2018 Offering Envelopes are Now Available
Our church depends on your generous giving to keep moving forward. Everyone is needed! Some people find it helpful to use offering envelopes. One box contains envelopes for each Sunday of the year. They are helpful to maintain consistent giving while providing a year-end record for your personal information and for tax purposes. Even if you give by a check or cash, using offering envelopes is a tremendous help to our accounting staff and allows them to keep more accurate records.
Envelopes are located in the atrium just outside the West Venue Worship Center. If you have already been using offering envelopes, please pick up the box with your name already on it.
For Your Family
At UVCC we partner with parents to raise the next generation of fully devoted followers of Jesus.
- Youth Retreat Save the Dates! (More info coming soon)
- CedarMania Youth Retreat (6th-8th Grade) March 24, 2018
- Converge Youth Retreat (9th-12th Grade) April 6-7, 2018
- The 68 Gathering (Wednesday nights)
The 68 Gathering will resume January 24.
- Christmas Program News
Preschool Christmas Program: Next Sunday, December 17, West Venue 9:15 & 11AM All preschoolers who come that day will be part of an improv retelling of the timeless Christmas story.
- Family Experience
As a way to partner with parents, we have created an opportunity for families to give together. Similar to the adult services, we do not receive an offering in Kids’ Ministry. Since most things are caught not taught, we have added a Joy Box outside Adventureland where kids can give their offering or families can do it together. Modeling worship is so much more effective than talking about it. We will be adding additional stations in the future where we hope families can choose to engage in conversations about prayer, giving, and more!
- Partnering with Parents: Christmas Resources
Check out the recommended resources stand outside Adventureland as you start your Christmas shopping! Below are our favorite Christmas book, Bible, and devotional for elementary kids! The Sparkle Box, NIrV Bibles, and God’s Big Adventure, all available to purchase from the church or on Amazon.
- Adventureland Wednesdays (Grades K-5)
Adventureland Wednesdays will resume January 24.
- Parent Cues & GodTime Cards
Parent Cues are available for parents of nursery-elementary age kids to help guide discussions during the week that reinforce the lesson on Sunday and the monthly focus.
GodTime Cards are for elementary age kids to take home and guide them in spending time with God and correlates with our monthly theme as well. When a KidLifeGroup collectively brings back 50 GodTime cards they celebrate with a donut party!
- Save the Date!
Vacation Bible Adventure will be held 4 days, July 8-11 from 6-8PM each evening! This is a summer event for 3 year olds (toilet trained) to 5th graders. Our theme is extreme sports and living fully for God!