Upper Valley Community Church
October 15, 2017
- We love guests!
Thank you for joining us today. Every person at UVCC was a guest at one time and we know coming to a new church can be intimidating. You are our guest and we want you to feel at home!
- Help yourself to coffee or tea from the coffee bar and feel free to bring it with you to your seat.
- As we sing, feel free to stand, sit, sing along or simply listen.
- Please fill out the Welcome Card as you register and drop it by one of our Welcome Counters after the service. We would love to say hello and offer you a gift and cookies.
- We receive an offering but we do not pass offering plates at UVCC. Joy Boxes are located in the back of the worship center and at the ministry counters. If you would prefer to give online you may visit the Giving Kiosks located in our atriums. As our guest, please do not feel pressured – simply enjoy the service.
Questions? Contact Pastor Mark (email@example.com).
- Recalibrate: Getting back to God’s original design
God created life to work a certain way and when we get off track it falls apart. In this 3 week sermon series we’ll return back to God’s “zero point” and discover what He intended for some of the most basic relationships of life.
- Today Parenting
- Honduras Mission Trip
The next trip is planned for June 9-17, 2018. The cost of the trip is approximately $1,250 (depending on airfare prices). You can reserve a spot by marking your $100 deposit with “Honduras Trip” either online or through the Joy Box. For more information contact Rob Alexander (937-418-0292) or Derek Allen (740-961-8033).
- On The Move – Praying for God’s Directions and Power
During the week of October 29, the focus for our Life Groups and Ladies Bible Study gatherings will be to uplift our On the Move initiative in prayer and to seek God’s guidance about our own level of participation in this endeavor. If you are not currently part of a group, please join us on Sunday, November 5th from 6-7pm in the East Venue at UVCC for a time of prayer.
- On The Move Weekly Prayer
As you are praying for the On the Move initiative this week, please direct your prayers that God would stay at the center of our focus throughout this journey.
- Group Leader Training – Today after 2nd service!
For all LifeGroup and Ladies Bible study leaders and assistants, as well as youth staff. Today from 12:45-2pm in the East Venue. Join us for lunch, fellowship with other leaders and receive training for the season ahead!
A LifeGroup is a place where 8-12 people from all different backgrounds connect once a week to share, grow, and laugh together as they apply the Bible to their lives. Each season begins with a 5-week launch study and then switches to discussion based on the Sunday messages.
Fall Launch study- RE-LATABLE by Loui Giglio.
Jump in this week. Sign up online at uvcc.org/lifegroups. Participant Guides are $5.
Options- Monday or Wednesday night 6:30-7:45 pm or Sat. 9:30 am
(Birth-8th grade programming available on Wednesday nights)
New- Guys group early morning Wednesdays 6 am
- Ladies Bible Study
What? “Finding I AM” a 6-session Bible study by Lysa Terkeurst
When? Thursdays from 9:00-11:00 am (childcare provided)
or Mondays from 6:30-8:00 pm (no childcare)
Cost? Participant workbooks are available for $15 in the West atrium.
- 8-week Bible Study
This is an one-on-one/couple study that talks about trusting Jesus to be saved, eternal life, what God expects, prayer, the Bible, sharing your faith, giving, the church and more. You do the study at home and then meet for an hour once a week with a mature Christian to discuss the study and answer any questions you have. To get started and take a big step forward in your spiritual life visit www.uvcc.org/8week. Open to anyone who wants to grow spiritually!
- Top Serving Needs @ UVCC
- Nursery, Preschool, Elementary; Wednesdays 6:00-7:45
- Wednesday Playground Monitors, 6-6:15PM
- Parking lot greeters – one service per month
- iCampus / FB host – facilitate chats with online attenders
- Sound Technician
- Club 56 (5th-6th grade) adult leaders (Sundays – 2nd service)
- Ignite (7th-12th grade) adult leaders (Sundays – 2nd service)
- Sonshine Island Preschool-Sunday, (1x month-2nd service)
- Nursery, 2nd service toddlers or 2-3 year olds
- Experienced painters
If interested, please write the area of interest next to your name in the Registration Pad, talk with someone at the Welcome Center after the service or contact Pastor Mark (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For Your Family
At UVCC we partner with parents to raise the next generation of fully devoted followers of Jesus.
- Adventureland Wednesdays (Grades K-5)
Wednesdays 6:30-7:45 pm. We’ll focus on our month’s memory verse, review Sunday’s message, and more. Kids are encouraged to bring their Bibles and to practice their verses at home.
- Parent Cues & GodTime Cards
Parent Cues are available for parents of nursery-elementary age kids to help guide discussions during the week that reinforce the lesson on Sunday and the monthly focus.
GodTime Cards are for elementary age kids to take home and guide them in spending time with God and correlates with our monthly theme as well. When a KidLifeGroup collectively brings back 50 GodTime cards they celebrate with a donut party!
- Help Change a Child’s life by serving in one of these ways!
- Preschool Ministry-Sundays
- 2nd service, 1st Sunday of the month (1 person)
- Greeter-2nd service, 2x/month
- Elementary KidLife Leaders-Sundays, 2x month
- 2nd service-2nd/3rd Grade(4 men & 3 women)
- Preschool Ministry-Sundays
If interested, please write the area of interest next to your name in the Registration Pad, talk with someone at the Welcome Center after the service or contact Pastor Jess (email@example.com)
- The 68 Gathering (Wednesday nights)
This is the place for 6th-8th graders to have fun, hang out, make new friends, belong and decide for one’s self to follow Jesus Christ. Students enjoy high-energy games, activities and short devotions. 6:30-7:45 pm.
- Fall Retreat (6th-12th Grade): Register Today
Date of Event: Nov 3-5. We’ll stay in warm cabins, compete in team challenges & have crazy late night activities. We’ll enjoy bonfires & snack-shack milkshakes and learn to live intentional lives of faith in Jesus Christ. This year, we will also be joined by Christian rapper j-Nibb, worship leader Alex Purtell and rock out with We are LEO in concert!
Register for Fall Retreat today! Cost is $100 due by October 22. Viist uvcc.org/fallretreat for more details, registration/medical forms, payment information and to see what to bring for this year’s Fall Retreat! You may also submit payment at the teen counter. (If you submitted an early registration deposit the remaining balance of $45 is due by October 22.)
- Celebrating Crowded House!
What is Crowded House? A Crowded House is a free high school party (grades 9-12) planned & led by high schoolers who crowd a house. (With adult supervision of course!)
The high schoolers have had two parties so far with an average of 23 teens per party and approximately 13 of those without a church they call home! The teens have worked hard to plan, recruit and invite their friends. Please pray for them as they continue to pour their time, talents, and hearts into this ministry. It is wonderful to see God developing the teen leadership and bringing teens together around the community!